Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Slow & Savory Cooking

Good Eats Wednesday
Part II


Introducing the I just quit my day job to pursue my passion and now I'm eating beans for dinner entree!


Oh, could this evening lighting in my tiny little kitchen have been any better?! FYI, this kind of lighting only last moments in my little humble home, so I always get tickled when I time it just so. Thanks to my mom and heritage I learned how to make beans early on, but I like to add some liquid smoke for little special taste.




For my pot roast, I used the Smoked BBQ rub from The Spice & Tea Exchange, browned it on med-high, then placed in my slow cooker on high for 2 hours. I basted it with a mixture of barbecue sauce, dijon mustard, liquid smoke, worchestershire sauce, garlic and onion power, sea salt,  and topped with 6 cloves of garlic, 1/2 white onion, and 6 fresh thyme sprigs. This is the first time in awhile, that I've gone back for seconds. Mmm... yes I think I cook better than bake. See post below to see what I mean.


Bon appetit!

P.s. Have you heard about the this month's trial advertisement rate on my blog?!
1 month $10 for 220 x 80 or $20 for 220 x 200! Those are pretty big ads!
Take advantage of this low rate.
(Includes: advertisement, product review or giveaway, Facebook, and Twitter exposure.)


Follow Simply Colette

11 comments:

  1. Oh my ! My mouth is watering !! That looks SO delicious. I happen to have chicken in the oven, smothered with Planko bread crumbs, shredded parmesan, paprika, and fresh parsley & basil. I'll deglaze the pan with wine, add a touch of butter and flour and it should make a nice sauce. But, your dinner looks better I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love these. Looks so cute. Thanks for sharing love.

    Don't forget to check out Fash Blvd for multiple post a day.

    www.FashBoulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious as always Colette! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stoped by to look at your blog, and I got so hungry! =)

    I have just started my new blog, you can vist at:
    http://thefashionmarked.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness....that looks so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm usually not a meat eater - not a veggitarian either - just not a fan of meat - but i dunno - i think i might give this a whirl!

    PS ... LAST DAY TO Join Custom Sign Give-Away HOPE YOU ALL WILL!


    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious and satisfying!:D Yum!:D

    Happy Thursday, Colette!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there friend!!! We should really team up sometime soon and go on a photo shoot = )

    This looks delightfully scrumptious. It's been a while since I had pot roast.. I really need to expand my spice range.. I try to eat healthy (diet) during the week and really need more varieties to eat with my grilled fish and veggies or meat.... do you recommend their spice blends?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elle Marie... I hope you are ok. Left you a comment on your blog. So sorry about everything in Japan. Didn't have your email. Let us know you are ok. I will check Twitter...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin