Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Au revoir, Paris!

I'm leaving Paris tomorrow! :( I won't tell you how I really feel, not today anyway. Though I am quite emotional to leave my friend, Mimi, who is the first blog pal I've ever met in person, and we had such a great time, and the afternoon girl chats at cafes were nurturing to my soul.



But I am leaving by rental car to the Loire Valley where I'm staying in a chateau! Will tell you where afterward... this is the internet after all, and with my luck this week, I will do no such thing. Yes, I've been nervous for the past few days, because if anyone has ever been to Paris and seen the mass chaos of the Arc de Triomphe (I took a photo of it from the tour bus a few years ago, because I found it to be the craziest thing I've ever seen at rush hour). Well, I will be throwing myself right in the middle of it, within the first few minutes of driving in a foreign country in a manual car. Remember the movie Clueless, when they emerge on the freeway for the first time... let's hope it's not an episode like that. Pray for me... or pray for the Parisians.


Regardless, THIS is the part of the trip I've been most excited for... the next few weeks in the French country, and spent a year obsessing over.

Au revoir!

9 comments:

  1. Have safe travels and enjoy your last day in Paris...beautiful pictures!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous time! Can't wait to see the images of the countryside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, oh man! What a great trip! I'm sure you will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you seen so far has been wonderful to view through your eyes !
    I'm excited about your stay in the Loire Valley. It's beautiful there.
    Good luck with your driving - I've been in the middle of the chaos ( on foot) at the Arc - it's madness !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the Paris pictorial. I look forward to seeing the French countryside. And I am literally counting the days to get there. JUNE 20th can't come fast enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's it.. I'm just going to stop reading. I'm in Jealous land right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting!!!! Good luck with your driving, oh my god I would be PETRIFIED!!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. So looking forward to the next installment! Happy and safe travels....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin