Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Changes

I'm not going to lie, it's been a tumultuous couple of weeks. So I apologize for my absence.

I have a friend who is superstitious about a certain week of the year where bad things always happen to him, so he is always very cautious at that time. My bad week seems to be the last week of the year. Come to think of it the past few Decembers haven't been the best. This year was no different, and 2011 closed at midnight with a definite bang.

I had one quick rendezvous with the city (SF) a few days ago, just to make sure life in the big city isn't what I want, and though my visit wasn't under the best circumstances, it affirms I'm making the right decision to stay in the Reno/ Tahoe area for me. As I was driving back from SF, I saw a billboard for a local pizza parlor. "Life is like pizza. Enjoy every slice." Mundane advice, but sometimes it really is that simple. It was enough to remind me that everything will be ok.

On a brighter note, I am moving this weekend! So I'm busy packing up and after exactly 6 months and one day, I'll be leaving the nest again. Here is sneak peak of my new home...




Looking forward to future food posts from my new kitchen!


Follow Simply Colette

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the past few weeks have been 'bumby', but the best is yet to come! It's always like that jsut before something big and wonderful happens.
    The new apartment looks beautful. Enjoy every slice!
    Let's talk when you can.
    Here's to a good 2012!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new apartment! Cheers to a wonderful year for you! xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks awesome!! so sorry the past few weeks have been less than ideal, but it sounds like you're in a good headspace. sometimes the answers are in the simple things. can't wait to hear all about the move!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin