Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Work Life


Lots of changes for me in relation to my work life. As I'm part of the Public Health Preparedness team, I've taken some FEMA courses to help with Emergency Response, which is something I've always been interested in helping with natural disasters and pandemics.

As a result, I've joined the Medical Reserve Corps and I'm excited for my first event this Friday for a Medical Outreach were putting on for a rural community in Nevada.

I've also signed up for a Teen Screen program put on by Columbia University to help out in local high schools with teens who may be going through a rough time, as part of an anti-bullying outreach. This is something I'm super excited and passionate about. I was bullied in high school. Though I never let it get to me, I hated the uncomfort some older girls caused during my high school years.

I've also been doing a ton with public policy with our state officials, and I just love it! Not to mention I'm putting my creative computer skills to use to build a forum, toolkit/ guide book for immunization billing in public health departments as funded by our grant through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

On top of all this, I'm studying to get a medical billing certificate!

Follow Simply Colette

3 comments:

  1. Wow you're busy friend! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wont have time to eat or sleep if you do all that. Sounds really interesting. I know if anyone can do it you can. Keep us posted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have alot on your plate. Glad you are doing well! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin