Good Eats Wednesday







MY CAKES




This winter I took my first cake decorating class.

It was so much fun, and super tasty.

I took most of it to work the next day,

so the frosting wouldn't sit on my hips.



You can see the flaws and the steps in learning...

but that's what makes them special!










Class #1.








Class #2.









Week #3.








Weekend Practice & Snack ;)










More snacks, or uh... practice.








And... for my friend's surprise mini baby shower!




The buttercream recipe we used is so so so so so good.


But reading it alone will clog your arteries.





Buttercream Recipe



1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature


1 cup solid white vegetable shortening (Crisco)


1 tsp. vanilla extract (or flavor of your choice: almon, lemon or orange)


5 to 6 cups sifted powdered (confectioner's) sugar


2 tbsp. of milk or water*


In a large bowl, cream the butter and shortening until smooth. Add the flavor. With mixer at lowest speed, slowly add the sugar one cup at a time. Scrape sides of bowl. Add the milk or water and continue to mix at low speed till icing is light and creamy. (You can add more milk if icing is too stiff.)


Store in an airtight container until ready to use.


May be refridgerated for 2 weeks.



Snack with CAUTION!


Comments

  1. These all look so good! I especially love the second one...and thanks for the butter cream recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling your first cake looks fantastically delicious. The Duchess is very proud of you. I wouldn’t mind having a slice with my tea right now. Have a sweet day!!

    ♥ Hugs ♥

    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous you are! Your first cake is my favorite (please tell me it's red velvet!) So chic.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you are naturally talented, frosting kicks my but (and then sits on it) I need to take a class really bad! they are all beautiful, I love the baby shower one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...what beautiful cakes! But I must share my buttercream with you that does NOT have Crisco. It is delicious and it will not clog your arteries with the 'plastic' ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh girl, you shouldn't tempt us like that!! But what the heck, those cakes look fantastic. Oh my, sure would like to dip a spoon in that buttercream and pig out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers sweet gal, those are absolutely beautiful! You have a natural gift for cake decorating. Thank you for sharing your scrumptious talent with us all! :)

    Big hugs!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow you are such a quick learner. I cannot believe the last image, it's fantastic. Your a bit clever honey :o
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah - these look amazing! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A cake decorating class?! Sounds like the best type of class ever.

    ("Sorry, teacher. I ate my homework.")

    ReplyDelete
  11. i LOVE the read heart one, but even more thn that.. th babdy shower one!
    its soo cute!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts