Happy Friday!!

Roll Call Announcements





1. Two of my photos this week were featured on the always gorgeous and chic Dustjacket Attic's blog this week. The top photo, Italian Mist, was taken on a misty September afternoon on Lake Maggiore, Italy. The second photo, Heavenly Como, was taken on sunny afternoon on Lake Como, Italy.

Both are available at my Etsy store.

ALSO, I'm having a BUY ONE GET ONE FREE Sale this weekend, now through Sunday for all 5x7 photo prints. Take a look...



2. A big second thank you to Dusjacket Attic again for this blog award.



The rules are to list 10 things about me and pass on to 10 others.


1. I was in a Pie Eating Contest once.

2. Donald Duck was my college mascot... see if you know this little tidbit.

3. My first job was in a pizzeria.

4. I'm my mom's only child, but have a step-brother and half-sister.

5. I used to have a Nine West patent shoe fetish, but now hate wearing heels.

6. I've wasted many hours searching for split ends to cut individually. (Does anyone else do this?) I laughed hysterically when I saw it in 27 dresses.

7. I used to hate the color yellow, now I'm quite fond of it.

8. My first car was a 1976 cherry red Fiat Spyder.

9. My favorite Food Network star is Giada DeLaurentis. She's too cute.

10. I change my dream profession quite regularly.



If you have not visited DJ, please do so, she's quite remarkable. But, I'm sure most of you do. ;)







And drum roll for the lovely ladies I would like to pass on to in no particular order...














A few cute things and random facts from this week...


"I don't feel like an earthworm today."
-- my mom was pleased with her outfit, no muffin top popping out from her pants.


"Stroke your Docs."
--my boyfriend's boss told him this week, he's in pharmaceutical sales.


"If I don't catch you later, I'll see you from the window."
--my co-worker told me in seriousness before hanging up the phone with me, it took me a second on that one, think about it.


"If I can't be gluten free, I'll be gluten minimal."
--I told mom when I broke the 5 days with no bread or pasta, with a cupcake and sub sandwich.


"Good morning. How are you?"--me
"Good... I'm just laying in bed watching birds fly by."-- mom
--a phone conversation this week. too cute. would make a good blog name, don't ya think?
'watching birds fly by'






And here's a coincidence for those who read my Metatarsal post a few weeks ago.
I was at the grocery store this week... in flip flops.
And the darn shaving cream can fell out of basket onto to my Metatarsal.
SH**!! It hurt. I was limping in the store. My foot has been bruised all week. So I try to wear heels, we'll that didn't solve it either. Ladies... I'm at a loss. Socks are illegal in Florida, guess it's time to wear combat boot again or something.




Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
&
Don't forget to make time to 'watch birds fly by'.



Comments

  1. Great post, you made me smile....hope your foot gets better soon :)

    Happy Week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats -well deserved -love your blog!!!
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww really? Thank you! I think you're pretty awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Congratulations on the Award!! Beautiful pics!

    Hope your foot gets better! Ever hear of Epsom Salt? You get a basin or a bucket and fill it with hot water and sprinkle the Epsom salt in and soak your feet. Its supposed to relieve pain and stress from the foot.

    Have an awesome weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll risk a foot injury for my flops any day. Ah ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation!
    Wowww~ pie eating contest!!
    Lovely+delicious weekend dear*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you! Definitely deserved, and yes, DJ rocks!

    Now do tell us exactly how many pies and the flavors you indulged in during the pie eating contest? My curiosity is peaked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you SO much for the award. I will put it on my blog, pass it on, and this weekend post the 10 things about me.

    I can't believe I got an award!!!!! You made my day. So exciting.

    Jumping up and down!

    ~Teri @ GirlMeetsParis

    BTW, your post made me laugh OUTLOUD. It felt great. I had a rough week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous photos congrats on the award and I loved learning more about you! Thanks so much for passing the award along to me, I am honored!!

    Loved your random facts and hope your foot is feeling better.

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Hugs,
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE YOU! You are a total doll what an awesome write-up, feeling ever-so humble now girlfriend :o

    I really loved your list, I'm so curious about my blog friends. You have inspired me to see 27 dresses ... yes sorry everyone, I missed it! Love your first car, very cool!

    Your random list is hilarious btw.

    Have a fab weekend,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gluten minimal--YES! That is such a hoot. Thank you so much for the award, you lovely girl! Please forgive me if I am slow to make a list of my own; we are in the middle of moving this week, so I'm a bit frazzled. Thanks, too, for making your blog such a treat to visit. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very sweetly for the delightful award, honey - and many congrats to you on being awarded it by the fabulously fantastic DJA!

    Thank you too for all of your wonderful comments. It is always a joy to hear from you, sweetie!

    Oodles of hugs & happy weekend wishes!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo thank you so much for your congrat's and so pleased you liked the song.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh thank you so so much...I will mention you on my blog for sure...what a dear you are...just did a post a bit ago about 10 things about me but I have an idea how to tie this into my next post! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for the award. Ten things that people don't know...hmmm, I'll have to think about that. I feel like I sometimes tell too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hei just happened to drop by; I simply loved your hueful and interesting blog. I'll keep visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful award and stunning photography! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for the award...so very honoured. PS: Your mom is hilarious!
    PSS: very glad that the glitter globe got to you safe and sound and that you like it.

    Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello darling, as you know I am back and will soon be blogging again. I just wanted to stop by personally to thank you for the sweet birthday wish you left Cristina and to let you know that your kindness meant the world to us both. Please believe me when I say that I missed you terribly, it’s funny this blogging thing, I never thought I would make so many friends and will honestly miss them when away. But I am glad you and I are blog friends and I do enjoy our conversations and blog visits. Congratulations on a well deserved blog award. I was concern for you, but looks like things are brighter now. Thanks again for you good wishes.
    I am now off to read the posts that I have missed and to look around your gorgeous blog.
    Love & Hugs
    Duchess ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts