An Honest Post





I'm ready for the weekend... well obviously.


It's been an exhausting week. Sometimes, when life just floats on day to day I get frustrated with the everyday normalcy and crave excitement, adventure, or just something different. But then you look around and see how good you have it in comparison sometimes.


It's bad to compare to those who you think have everything, we never really know the underlying story of how they got there, or how things may be on the homefront because of it. And yes, everything could very well just be great, and that's good. I struggle with this comparison a lot and then try to switch it to being fortunate for the things I do have.


This week has been a test of change, a health scare, new job, moving, relationship issues, dependency, and bad stock picks. None of these I am personally going through (except the last one--yes I'm in finance, probably wouldn't have guessed that one.) But when those close to us go through stressful times it can take a toll and wear on you, because you wish you could make things better for them.

On this morning's commute, I heard the song, This One's For The Girls by Martina McBride. And it reminded me... I'm not alone.


So this one is for you dear blog and bloggers (my daily outlet of positive and beautiful things and people). Thank you friends. Thank you for the support and inspiration from all over the world.


Cheers!




And this box of Gerbera Daisies is to thank my wonderful boyfriend.

He brought me a beautiful bouquet of wild flowers this week.

He's the Best.






Have a wonderful weekend!!




Comments

  1. Great post :) We all need a little encouragement once in a awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing this blogosphere! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve a restful weekend filled with daydreams =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about this 'testy' week...Hope this weekend will bring more peace & joy! Hope for the best always*

    xo*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey, really sounds like you need a gorgeous weekend. Hoping all those issues for you and those close to you work out. It is hard when those close go through stuff, we can't help but go through it with them. Take some time out and cheers for that drink mmmmmm ... and thank you too :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. May your weekend be filled with joy and peace...(sounds like a Christmas card..sorry) but you get what I mean....I hope all will be good in your life...sometimes all we need to do is rest! Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, I know exactly what you mean, being honest is such a gift, it helps us all not to feel so alone. You are definitely not!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling, I am so sorry for your troubles, how I wish i could take a brush and paint a pink rosy image over them. Stay strong and focused and know that I am here for you should you need to talk (privately of course). I wish I could have taken you away with me and my daughter to relax. I just popped in to wish you a splendid weekend and to let you know that my daughter and I are going away for a few days to celebrate her birthday. I will be leaving Sunday. I will miss you terribly and will come over for a visit as soon as I return. Take care and celebrate life, regardless.

    ♥ Hugs ♥

    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you get the gerbera daisy flowers or spider gerbera daisies (petals come in strands rather than as whole)?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts