Outings

State Fair




Summer is coming to a close and school starts soon. One thing I love about this time of year is going to the fair.



There is nothing like biting into a corn dog from the fair.





The smell of funnel cakes, or carrying around a stick of cotton candy.





You can hear the children screaming on the rides and running around with excitement, or the smell from the animal exhibits... :)



Photo by ME!


Concerts are heard in the background, and the carnies announcing in their microphone to "Step Right Up" for a chance to win a giant stuffed animal or balloon.




More about the artisit Edmund Yaghjian here.


Today, this is where I want to be...



Hope you have a wonderful week!

Comments

  1. Great post...I love fairs! You're making me hungry with the corn dogs, funnel cakes, candied apples and cotton candy...yummy!

    I want to be on that ferris wheel too...sigh!

    Hope your week is off to a great start.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey....I found your blog today, because somehow, you found mine! Sweet. I love your blog and the photography.

    Being from Texas, the state fair was always a big deal.

    Thanks for the memories.
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, just letting you know you're the winner of my giveaway! http://trishiekoh.blogspot.com/2009/08/few-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sweetie and I went to the fair in West Tennessee last weekend. Glad to say, it was actually bigger and better then past years. It was cleaner and offered alot more food, and things to do. Enjoyed it alot, cant wait till next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait until my lil' crumb is old enough to take to a fair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gee, I so want to be there, after such a sweet post on it.

    Thanks honey,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I simply go for the funnel cake! And that is one of my very favorite musicals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a mountain of fun! I've never been to a true state fair (we don't exactly have an equivalent here in Canada, but smaller scale fairs do travel from town-to-town). But I have attended a large fair-like event in Vancouver that's held at the end of August each year (called the PNE). We used to go each year when I was child, from those experiences I developed a deep-rooted love of fairs and carnivals - and photos of them! :)

    Hope you're having a fantastic weekend, honey!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts