Travel Thursday

Fishing Villages




Has anyone has seen The Proposal with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds?



When I saw it, I fell in love with Sitka, Alaska.




Photo courtesy of city-data.com




Photo courtesy of Seadventures.com



Come to find out, parts of the movie were actually shot in Rockport, Massachuessets.
Below images.





Photo by Joseph Allegretto.





Photo by Belinda Ischy.



There is something so charming and so serene about fishing towns.




One place, I have been pining to visit is Norway.
My beautiful best friend from college is Norweigan.
I've often thought of naming my little girl after her...
Inger Lise.
Pronounced - Ingerlisa.
I just love that name!




(Norwegian Fishing Village, Legoland Billund, 1981. Iain & Robert MacCallum, 1981, scanned transparency.) Found via Wikipedia.




Norwegian nature photographer, Dag R√łttereng.




So, if I organized a "Blogging Fishing Village Tour of the World," who will come with me?



*************************************************

On a side note, I suggest you visit The Muffin Blog today. This young lady from Norway, shared her "oh so delicious" Apple Muffin baking. The photography of her step-by-step process is great, and she sold me on making my own apple muffins this weekend.

*************************************************
Happy Travels!!

Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE Rockport, MA! I have a picture almost identical to the third one :) It's an awesome little town...and only 45 minutes away from where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I saw the movie! I fell in love with that little Alaskan town as well. How amazing would it be to have a second home there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Astoria Oregon is a great fishin town, I will have to take pics next time I go up to see my parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I thought that movie was so cute! Sandra Bullock rules!! The town was soo pretty. That would be so awesome to have to ride a boat to get to your house!! But I don't know if I could handle the whole no night thing =/ hehe.

    There's a town by me called Piermont on the waterfront of the Hudson River in lower NY State. Me and my friend go there to play frisbee all time. You can see all the boats and all the houses up the moutain. Soo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post!
    That Norwegian Fishing Village looks like a toy set...picture perfect!

    xo*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have NOT seen this movie, but after these photos i am wanting to more and more. I MUST :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are so deeply beautiful in the most tranquil and idyllic sort of way. I haven't seen that film yet, but know that I know it's set such a wonderful locale I will add it to my "must watch" movie list.

    Thank you so very much for all of your wonderful comments, my dear! I hope you have a fantastic Friday!

    Big hugs!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved "The Proposal"! These photo's are great, I'll come with you! Ole fishermen here we come lol!

    On my Sandra post a while back there is a link that is really funny, its with her and Ryan, check it out.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colette - thank you!! :) I'm honoured that you'd want to mention me in your blog. :)

    Bytheway - norwegian villages really are the most charming ones! You should definitely come visit here. Speaking completely objective, of course. ;)

    Again, thanks! :) I added you to my blog roll aswell.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts