Happy Friday


Rainbows






Driving to work the week, I saw a rainbow both Wednesday and Thursday morning.

Yesterday, it was a bright and beautiful Double Rainbow!!







I tried to snap photos on my camera phone, but it doesn't work to well when you are driving on the interstate. :)


"In Greek mythology, the rainbow was considered to be a path made by a messenger (Iris) between Earth and Heaven. In Chinese mythology, the rainbow was a slit in the sky sealed by Goddess Nüwa using stones of five different colours. In Hindu mythology, the rainbow is called "Indradhanush", meaning the bow (Sanskrit & Hindi: dhanush is bow) of Indra, the God of lightning, thunder and rain. Another Indian mythology says rainbow is the bow of Kama, the God of love.
Irish leprechaun's secret hiding place for his pot of gold is usually said to be at the end of the rainbow. This place is impossible to reach, because the rainbow is an optical effect which depends on the location of the viewer. When walking towards the end of a rainbow, it will move further away.

After Noah's Flood, the Bible relates that the rainbow gained meaning as the sign of God's promise that terrestrial life would never again be destroyed by flood (Genesis 9.13-15)[25]:
I have set my bow in the clouds, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh."



Information & Images via Wikipedia.




Hope everyone has a bright and shiny weekend!

Comments

  1. Rainbows are so magical and whenever I see one, I always stop and pause to reflect on how majestic life is!

    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbows are indeed magical to me! You caught it magnificently! Congrats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a colorful weekend.....rainbows are definitely magical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh how interesting. I never knew that you could never actually walk to the end of a rainbow. I love mythology! Lucky you, dear to see 2!! I actually know people who have never gotten a chance to see one. They are rare find indeed. =) Have a happy Friday hun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the interesting info. I love rainbows, so magical. Darling have a great weekend.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh double rainbows! Great photography !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thanks for the pic's and the interesting information honey.

    Hope your having a fab weekend too,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am such a fan of rainbows - call it the "little girl of the 80s in me", but I always like to imagine that wherever rainbows end unicorns are frolicking :D


    I hope you're having a gorgeous week, sweet heart - big hugs!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts