NaNoWriMo

National Novel Writing Month





After my post yesterday, I was visiting some of my favorite blogs. Sorry, it's not everyday as I would like, my computer is literally running on minimal memory and keeps freezing on me. Nothing more annoying. But as I was browsing, I ran into Jen @ Haute Whimsy, and her post introduced me to NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). It was one of those "right place at the right time" kind of moments. So I signed up for the challenge.

The challenge is, for the month of November to write 50,000 words for a novel (equals about 175 pgs.) It's about quantity not quality. To plug through and see where your mind takes you. I figure that is about 5-6 pages per day. Tough for working 40 hours per week, but doable.

If you are interested, visit the National Novel Writing Month website for more details.

I'm thinking about ordering one of these cute Tees for inspiration. Aren't they adorable?






Way too cute.


So, if your in for the challenge,
get your coffee, computers, and arthritis cream ready to type away.

Have a great day!


Comments

  1. Wow! It has always been my dream to write a novel (since my true passion is reading and teaching English), but don't know if I would have the time to write that much in one month! Are you going to try it? Maybe we can inspire each other? Great information! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....good luck to you! I read about it on another blog too....I can't wait to hear what you write about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm signed up! I don't know how I am going to do it, but I think it's the kick in the butt I need. I will add you and we can help motivate each other! Thanks so much for the post and for following my blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when you come across an awesome blog with something new & exciting. Hmmmm. This seems kinda cool. I've been battin around writing a novel these days and this might be a great motivation!! Aww those shirts are cute! Good luck with the challenge hun!

    I've totally had a problem with my virtual memory in my last desktop computer. Make sure you back up everything, just in case. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm considering it Colette...

    With fear and trepidation of failure...

    But I've been trying to motivate myself to get back to writing, so maybe this will be just the ticket.

    I'll let you know if I decide to do it. Thanks for a great post and idea.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little T shirt motif. Very inspiring indeed. Hope we all dont get writers block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlin' I'll sit on the sideline and cheer you on, can you hear me :o
    xoxo
    cute as picture

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts