Travel Thursday


Willamette Valley Vineyards






On my trip to Oregon, I was fortunate enough to have a scheduled Brides Luncheon the day before my friend's wedding, at the beautiful King Estate Winery.

First we took a tour, then had a delicious lunch consisting of an Artisan Cheese Plate with a brie, goat, and parmesean cheese with olives and fruit. I had a delicious Margherita Pizzetta with homemade tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese and basil. Mom had the Tarte de Jour, which was a trout tart. Quite tasty. The bride had BBQ pork ribs. The private room we occupied had tudor style windows stained a mahogany red color, they were beautiful and rich with a sunny view of vines all around, as the winery is perched on a hilltop. Dessert was my favorite though, as I chose a fresh Bartlett Pear & Raspberry Crisp with almond struessel. It was piping hot and perfectly paired with a cinnamon ice cream. Pure Heaven. Followed by our tastings of mainly white wine. :)


Here are a few photos of the tour. Some were from the iPhone, so please excuse if they aren't the best.




























More information on the Oregon Wine Country... Here.




Cheers!


Comments

  1. Wow! That is a beautiful place....just gorgeous! Sounds delicious and like you all had alot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful....I'm not one for wine, but I love vineyard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love wineries & wine. It's so much fun to go through and see how it's made. It was so clean?? I'm shocked. I've been to a winery in New Jersey that had stuff everywhere. hehe. Looks like a beautiful place!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE that vineyard - it is so stunning. Aren't we so lucky to have a little Oregon in our life? Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not bad at all for using the iphone!
    Beautiful place to be!!
    ~Greetings+XO*

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I have never been to a winery before, I love Oregon for their donuts but it looks like I should have also made a trip there...the dessert sounds lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing. We'll link on OregonWineCountry.org.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pastoral beauty of that scenery is profoundly amazing. I do believe these are the loveliest photos I've ever seen of Oregon, thank you so much for sharing them with us.


    Wishing you a terrific Monday & week ahead, honey!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts