Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Friday!!

Giving Thanks...


It is not Thanksgiving yet,
but I'm going to rattle off a few things
 I'm thankful for a little early...





-my conversation with my grandmother this week-


-the realization i have it pretty well made at my job with a surrogate family-


-realizing i can't bear the weight of the world on my shoulders,
and knowing it's ok to accept the help of others-


-selling my first photo on etsy, and it not being a family member,
i swear i thought it was spam mail at first telling me i had inherited $ in Nigeria-


-the first cold front in Florida,
sorry everyone else in Winterland, that means 50 degrees F here-


-my hair is getting really long... yes!!-


-watching Teri @ Girl Meets Paris and Kori @ Blonde Episodes
do so well at the writing challenge, you continue to inspire me
thank you Teri for the Blog Award too!-


-a new pretty Emerald dress...
my boyfriend said i looked like a creature of the sea...
i think it was a good thing-


-pulling out the holiday decorations,
i don't care if it's not even thanksgiving yet,
i'm too excited to wait-


-wonderful blog friends new and loyal (not old),
who's comments brought me much needed cheer this week-



Have a great weekend my friends!


(Photo taken by Me in Lucerne, Switzerland outside a local Patisserie!)

13 comments:

  1. this is a really cool picture .
    have a great weekend too .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweet Friend!

    What a lovely list of things to be grateful for!

    I have "Can't Say No Syndrome" I’m finally realizing myself that I can't bear the weight of the world and like you, being okay with accepting help. I have a few years on you and I'm glad you're learning this valuable lesson at a young age!

    Congrats on selling your first photo on etsy...yippee! I'm thrilled for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many things to be thankful for! Very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww You sound soo much better!! I'm so happy!! Oooo that Emerald dress sounds so cool. Congratulations dear on selling your photo!! Many more to come! I never thought i'd hear "cold front" in Florida. hehe.

    Have a good weekend hun and enjoy putting up the decorations!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being grateful/thankful is contagious...
    I'm thankful as well for all the little joy we all have in this wonderful life!
    Wonderful weekend dear friend~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful post, sweet dear. I love to take stock of what's currently making me thankful, too, and really enjoyed reading your list. (I bet your new green frock is stunning!)


    Wishing you the loveliest of weekends, my friend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Colette! You are too sweet girlie. I am so thankful for you introducing me to NaNoWriMo. I would have never even begun this adventure if it weren't for you, kind friend. I can't believe I haven't given up yet, and am so glad I have you as a writing buddy to inspire me. Here's hoping we can both reach 20,000 words by Monday? Let's keep working sweetie! Have a great weekend, and keep writing! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a pretty awesome list you have going there! Wonderful wonderful post, Nicolette! I am grateful for so many things myself - especially all the fabulous friends I've made thru bloggig, isn't it great! Have a beautifully relaxing weekend! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your graditude items...it feels good to focus on all the love we have around us instead of the opposite...a great reminder. I do not have my decorations out yet but very soon...happy dance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girl I wanted to let you know I gave you an award. You sounded like you had a hard week & I think you need a treat. I hope your decorations are coming along awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are very grateful. Lovely to hear. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful list, sweet girl! I'm sorry it's been a tough week. I hope you know how much sparkle and cheer you bring to the blog world with your lovely posts. Thanks for being you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

BOOK JACKET READING

Author Interview

I'm very excited to be able to share my author interview with you! Many people have asked questions about my book, 'Running Away to ...