Dream Jobs

HGTV Host/ Travel Channel Host


I've always been a fan of HGTV, and seriously considered applying to Scripps Media fresh out of college. Not sure I would have stood a chance. But it has been a real dream to either work for either HGTV, The Travel Channel, or Food Network.



I have spent countless hours the past couple of months on the couch watching House Hunters, House Hunters International, Property Virigins, The UnSellables, etc, etc. This weekend I began to grow frustrated because I caught mainly repeats. Hmm... maybe that says I've watched way too many.

But one new show stands out as simply amazing. The Outdoor Room with Jamie Durie, Austrailian landscaper, who travels the world to find his inspiration for amazing international landscapes.





HGTV or Travel Channel... please hire me! I promise to be your next new "it" host to travel around the world... searching out quaint international inns.


Casi Franci Bed & Breakfast in Rome, Italy
via bnbfinder.com

Maybe I will start with the Travel Channel Academy. Anyone else care to join me?!
Click HERE for more info.

Comments

  1. That sounds like a fabulous job for you! I love HGTV channel..that is one of my main channels when I watch tv.....I think you should take the steps to get your dream job that would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah that sounds perfect! Traveling, looking at pretty sights, being on TV...count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I still had HGTV. For some reason Scripps has pulled HGTV & Food Network from my cable provider. I miss those shows. I could totally picture you replacing that lady on the Property Virgins that think she knows EVERYTHING! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ALL of those shows, I was just watching house hunters!!! they are all great, but you would be the best I KNOW IT!! go girl chase some dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sign me up!

    Funny small world story....we actually met with and know Adrian Leeds in the first image. She lives in Paris and runs a very successful expat business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FInally! I've been trying to leave a comment on the last few posts, and it kept hanging up on me, and wouldn't load.

    So glad you're back.
    Here's our Travel Channel show...
    "The Old Lady, and the Young Chick Travel the World"

    Our Food Network show...
    "Young, Talented Cook Teaches Old Lady to Boil Water"

    Our HGTV show...
    "1960's Sleek Meets Twenty First Century Hip"

    Can you tell I'm freaking out that I'm about to turn the big FIVE-O????? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonjour Colette,
    Definitely sign up, you'd be great. I could be your assistant, I live in Paris and have a travel planning business so I help when you're in France!:) Sounds like a good plan for the new year!
    ave a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sounds great!

    Jamie is a real sweetheart, gorgeous too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really do have a great blog here. I have a blog myself which brings inspiration and guidance to people all around the world. Life is hard enough, and I hope my site can contribute anything positive to someone's day.

    I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Please let me know if this is possible. Until then, keep up the good work.

    Jason
    TheWISDOMWALL.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, how fun would that be? I'm forever jealous of Samantha Brown!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts