Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good Eats Wednesday

Summer Lovin' & Pets


Model: Coco Eating Watermelon


We all go a little crazy for our favorite summer time produce...

I was so excited to see signs for Home Grown Tomatoes
on my trip, that I stopped to buy quite a good amount.
I've made fresh salsa every night for dinner this week... it's been bliss.

I remember when I was a little girl I would eat tomatoes
as if they were apples straight from our garden.

Seems my dad is having problems with theft in his garden,
his lovely little Coco -- beats him to his crop.
Coco loves to eat cucumbers, jalepenos,
and best of all, juicy watermelon.




I have my own little critter problem to contend with as well...
I had to hide all those perfectly ripe beefsteak tomatoes
on the top of the refrigerator from my little Sage.
I can't count how many times, I've been scared in the middle of the night
to the sound of rummaging as if a burglar has broken into our home.
But when I turn on the lights, it's only little Sage
looking at me with big doe eyes happily
sopping up the juice from a splattered tomato on the floor.
She will even come running if I say the word, "Mato!"


Model: Sage


Do you have a pet with a unique favorite food?


7 comments:

  1. Well I dont blame them! Vegetables and fruits (especially watermelon) are delicious this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watermelon looks yummy! Organic??? 'Have not had a good one in a very long time! Have your dad ship me one (along with some blackeye peas) and I promise to reciprocate with homemade fresh tortillas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Animals know what good food is! Yum...we try to get back home in mid-summer for homegrown tomatoes and sweet corn but had to make an earlier trip this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colette darling, as always, a lovely post, so eloquently written. Wishing you a lovely summer full of sunshine and blessings.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hi there honey,

    This one is so funny, I just love the pic's of your dad's dog and your cat. We have a dog and cat and I can so relate to this. Our dog eats anything from wood upwards but our cat only likes tuna and her special biscuits....she's a diva you know!!

    hugs DJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dogs eat watermelon?!!! I didn't know that! Well I guess I shouldn't be so surprised - my dog used to love strawberries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too cute - my kitty would not go NEAR a tomato, i know that for sure, but he is absolutely OBSESSED with any kind of cheese. The minute I open the cheese drawer, there he is, staring at my and meowing like crazy.

    ReplyDelete

BOOK JACKET READING

Author Interview

I'm very excited to be able to share my author interview with you! Many people have asked questions about my book, 'Running Away to ...