Friday, January 14, 2011

It's in the Bag!

Fashion Friday


Today I'm participating in the "It's in the Bag" blog crawl put on by Ashley Hasty at A Hasty Life blog. We are supposed to share our purse, and the contents of our purse.


I swear, I'm honestly not a designer bag kind-of-a-girl! Seriously.
I can't justify spending the dinero. I'd rather travel. But in my earlier days, I was gifted numerous hand-me-down Louis Vuittons. I've kind of outgrown the trend, as they are not functional to me. For those of you who have been following awhile, know I'm the owner of Photography Getaways, so naturally, I have my camera, and an additional lens, plus a tour book with me most of the time. I had to have a bag that could qualify as a large enough "carry-on purse" for flying to fit my camera and extra lens, and even props. So this Charlotte Russe felt ruffle bag for $25 has been outstanding! Also, when I graduated college, I had the option of choosing between the Louis Vuitton suitcase or a Nikon camera. While the suitcase would have been nice, it would have been the BIGGEST mistake of my life. I would not be where I am today, if I hadn't gone with the camera. :)





I must say that the other bloggers I've seen participating in the blog crawl have such neat and tidy designer purses with minimal content. I know my purse doesn't look like that normally. I usually have receipts, movie stubs, and gum wrappers that get thrown in the mess when a wastebasket is not close at hand, and all kinds of hair rubberbands. But for presentation sake, I'll show you how it's supposed to look. :)





My contents:

Nikon D70 camera
Nikkor 70-200mm lens
UV lens filter
Business cards
Austria travel book
Johnson's baby lotion
An engraved cheetah print pen.
Kathy Von Zeeland wallet.
iPhone
iPhone charger (always!)
Aleve
Lip gloss
Lipstick
Chapstick
Notepad
Tic-Tacs


Be sure to check out yesterday's "It's in the Bag" post at Cafe Bellini blog and check out The Bright Life blog on Monday!




A Hasty Life



Happy Friday!

Follow Simply Colette

13 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! My purse is more like a boho bag, its large and carries my life in it. I really should probably simplify my life!;) (a New Years Resolution purhaps?)
    Happy Friday!

    xo,

    Molly Jane

    PS. Come by and visit me!

    www.browneyedcharmer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for participating in this blog crawl! You have a nice collection of LV but I love your ruffled gray purse. So cute!! Thanks for letting us all have a peek inside your bag!!

    <3 Ashley
    www.ahastylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! I am a LV girl all the way, so if you are ever interested in selling any of those goodies, let me know Colette. I prefer the vintage to the new anyday. Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I love, love, LV... I would have chosen the camera too. The bag would've been stolen or lost or ruined in transport. Good choice my dear, and one that has helped you realize your passion!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I applaud you for choosing your passion over a materialistic item! Glad you did too so we are able to view your beautiful pictures!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely have chosen the camera too as I am not much of a designer bag gal! Have a awesome weekend! xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Another fabulous it's in the bag post! You've totally inspired me to be more prepare and carry my charger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post. I've to admit I am a LV girl all the way btw. Love those vintage bags. Have a great we, talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your the owner? That's cool, I didn't know that! && I'm happy with my vintage purse rather than an overtop expensive purse =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I must say I am crazed LV fan. But, I have a story that supports my prob. Ok, so when I was in my 20's my parents awarded me with a LV bucket bag, wallet and key chain that I earned from my fab college grades. But, what happened was all was stolen from me from my gym locker. So, I really have a special place in my heart for these items that I no longer own. I think some people just don't get what an item can mean to someone.
    xo,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are inspiring me to do a post like this... I wonder if I can join in? I think it helps to get to know a person, right? YES... gosh darn, you and me are soooo much a like... I was gifted my LV's too..I did buy some bags myself, but... I rather spend the money or traveling, even domestic travel, more lens, etc. for me, a bag must be practical... I do spend money or accessories...the only LV I use often is my tote... the others I only break out when I have to look good in public.. for a reason.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. p.s. I'm a Nikon user all the way too... my fav lens is my 50mm = 0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ummm HELLO - obviously i LOVE that you have an austria book!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

BOOK JACKET READING

Author Interview

I'm very excited to be able to share my author interview with you! Many people have asked questions about my book, 'Running Away to ...