Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Orange Poppyseed Loaf

Good Eats Wednesday

I have many cookbooks that I have been eager to dive into... and now that I have a little more time, I'm excited to start. So here is an Orange Poppyseed Loaf that I have baked from The Sweet Melissa Baking Book from the bakery in NYC.


This loaf is super delicious and extremely moist. You can see on my handwritten notes that I have also tried the lemon version which was equally as good, but there are some variations in the ratios on sugar and such. Also, I didn't make the glaze in both instances and thought it to be extremely delicious without...

Orange Poppyseed Loaf

1 whole orange, washed well
1 cup sugar
3eggs
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) of butter (melted)
2  1/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4  teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon poppyseeds
Mix wet ingredients in a bowl, and mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Fold the two together.
Bake at 350 F for 50-60 minutes.

 
*I used only one stick of butter.
If you opt for the glaze see photo for recipe.

**I just have one recommendation for the recipe which calls for the whole orange or lemon to be pureed in a food processor, but the white part of the orange and lemon can make it a tad bitter, so it may best to grate the zest, then cut the fruit and then puree the fruit minus the seeds.

Bon appetit!


Follow Simply Colette

9 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!

    I'm hosting a linkup beginning this Friday called "Fashion Fridays." I'd love for you to be a part of it! Any post you do on fashion will count and you can grab the link and get some traffic. Hope you join us! Have a fantastic day honey! Kori xoxo

    blondeepisodes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pics made me want to cook!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! my first visit to your lovely blog and I see this delish orange poppyseed cake - Miam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE orange and poppy seed cake. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week I've tried a carrots cake...perfect for spring!If u like,follow me on http://themissidea.blogspot.com/!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Très appétissant!!!
    Biz
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello there my friend, how are you? How is work and the biz coming along? The first time I fell in love with poppy seed cake/muffin was at au pon (sp).... since then....

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! This looks yummy. I need to try something like this... I don't think I've ever baked with poppyseeds before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, that looks good! And it's so pretty too! Perfect for spring. :)

    ReplyDelete

BOOK JACKET READING

Author Interview

I'm very excited to be able to share my author interview with you! Many people have asked questions about my book, 'Running Away to ...