Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bath, England

Well I've arrived to London! I knew I would be busy checking into my apartment today, unpacking, and trying to recuperate from the flight and jet lag... so I preplanned this post for you of Bath, England taken from my trip two years ago.


Day excursions are available from London to Bath as it is only a few hours away, typically included in this tour is a stop at Stonehenge. These tours generally go from $60-$90 for the day trip.


The drive into Bath is beautiful, and I can imagine exactly why the Romans settled in the region to create this holiday spa town. Though I was there on a typical gray day, I found Bath to be very charming. I wish I would have had more time to spend enjoying the picturesque town.

Left: An indoor waterfall inside the Roman baths. Right: a tree in bloom.


Stay tuned tomorrow is GMA in London for the Royal Wedding!

In the meantime,
check out my past Travel posts
 of Bath and Stonehenge.


Follow Simply Colette

8 comments:

  1. ♥Nice post.) Love your blog.))♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got there safe! Enjoy your vacation sweetie! :)

    Mumzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fun trip this is going to be. Thanks for letting us tag along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're there safe and sound!! Can't wait to see what comes next!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've arrived safely! I've been the Bath, with the tour to Stonehenge and Windsor. It was fun (rainy of course). And then I read Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey because it was set in Bath (it didn't really spark up memories, but I still did it!). HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I have told my husband that next time we go to England to visit his family, I want to see Bath. Everything I hear about it is amazing. Have a great time in London Town!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are getting on well darling!!! Can't wait to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

BOOK JACKET READING

Author Interview

I'm very excited to be able to share my author interview with you! Many people have asked questions about my book, 'Running Away to ...