Saturday, May 28, 2011

Checking In

 A cat in Beynac watches a bird.

I apologize for my absence, but I've been in Dordogne since Wednesday, and not spent much time on the computer. I have so much material to share, but first I will let you know that I've decided to make this my last week in Europe. While it's been quite a memorable experience, I've found it to be much too long to be away from home. It was a difficult decision, but I reached the point where it was the right thing to do...

 The chapel in the Jardins de Marqueyssac.

So after a week in the Loire Valley, then 5 days in Dordogne, I will conclude with a few days in Nice before returning home. It has been a lot to handle on my own, and though I couldn't be happier with the hospitality I've been shown both in Dordogne and Loire Valley; both accommodations will surely get their spotlight soon; when I have time to sort through all photos. But for now, I'm taking advantage of every moment I have here, and the past few days have been magnificant to say the least, after a year of researching and day dreaming about the area. But it's taken a lot of nerve to drive these windy narrow roads along cliffsides and navigating a map. Plus imagine pulling over roadside in the picturesque vineyards and French farmhouses, me in my long magenta dress trying to shoe a bee out of the car with the road map. It's been fun... but I'm ready to get home.

 My first evening in Grojelac, France outside my B&B terrace at Les Quatre Pins.

I'm already thinking Isla Fisher would make a good lead for this comedy of  American Girl in Europe movie for all the things I've encountered and couldn't even make up if I wanted to. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the photo of that cat watching the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd go see your movie! Enjoy the rest of your time there and I look forward to your future posts! xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete

BOOK JACKET READING

Author Interview

I'm very excited to be able to share my author interview with you! Many people have asked questions about my book, 'Running Away to ...