Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's the Little Things

Since I've been back... I've been embracing each day. Treating each day off as a gift, as I now know it will not last forever. The two months off I had prior to my trip were spent entirely too much on the computer. So each day, if it's just one thing I've been making each day special. Like...

Saturday - Waking at 6:30am to go for a 2 hour walk on the beach.

Sunday - Cooking in my own kitchen again... brunch and dinner, ahh.

Monday - Chinese for lunch & browsing books in a craft shop, and an evening dip in the pool.

Today - Morning spent working on a children's book I'm writing. Dressing up for an almond amaretto cupcake from Sweeter Days Bake Shop and chatting with the nice owner. (There is nothing like a cupcake, even after all the French patisseries.) Catching an afternoon matinee of Midnight in Paris. (A decent movie literature buffs may appreciate. The coincidence being I personally never saw Paris after midnight, or after dark for that matter with the exception of my evening boat cruise on the river Seine.

Recent iPhone pics: A cafe in Monmarte. Eiffel Tower from the Bateux Mouches river cruise. Almond Amaretto cupcake from Sweeter Days Bake Shop. "Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe" by Jenny Colgan the book I just finished which I bought in the UK. Has great recipes with Royal Wedding cupcakes to commemorate the special day.

How do you make each day sweet?

5 comments:

  1. Wish I could join you for those long walks along the beach! I also wish I could join you for a yummy cupcake too. What a perfect day!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god you're writing a children's book!!! How cool!! Can't wait to see it. Sounds like you've been having a relaxing time since you got back :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I so need to follow your example...live in the moment.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh sounds so lovely! we try to do this on Sundays. Take a stroll early in the morning, head out to a new place for breakfast... anything to make the day amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like some perfect days! Enbracing all the little things, my philosophy exactly. Bonne chance on the children's book!
    Enjoy it all my friend!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

BOOK JACKET READING

Author Interview

I'm very excited to be able to share my author interview with you! Many people have asked questions about my book, 'Running Away to ...