Saturday, July 30, 2011

Country Fair


For the past few years I've been longing to go to the fair to take pictures for the blog.
Well... that and the corn dogs and cotton candy!
But I haven't made it in years, so imagine my surprise when Kitty was the first
to discover the flashing lights from the ferris wheel 
on Tuesday night from our bedroom window!


So, as I sit composing this post, we are enjoying the last night of the twinkling lights and the sounds of children screaming and laughing in the distance with the cool evening mountain breeze.








The scrambler always used to be my favorite ride...
here's a little clip for you!




What's your favorite part about the fair?


Follow Simply Colette

7 comments:

  1. My fave parts of the fair when I was little were the games, the rides and all the junk food we could eat! We loved to go on kids day when we got in free and they had watermelon eating contests, gunny sax races and endless relays where we would come home with tons of ribbons! So much fun! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our state fair starts next week and my family is so excited about it. We love the rides and we also love the yummy food!

    I just hope we don't bring home another one of those goldfishes this year...

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Cute is this photo show!!!
    Nicolette You always make me want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these photos!!!
    I haven't been to a fun fair in years, totally want to go to one now and stuff my face with fair floss.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to a fair in years. I always loves the haunted house and winning stuffed animals. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember taking you to the Merced County Fair at the ripe old age of 3. You danced at the bottom of the bandstand with one of the band members. One of the best nights of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have captured the fair perfectly. I remember hand pulled salt water taffy at our county fair when I was growing up. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

BOOK JACKET READING

Author Interview

I'm very excited to be able to share my author interview with you! Many people have asked questions about my book, 'Running Away to ...