Thursday, November 3, 2011

National Novel Writing Month


Today is the first day in about 4 months that I have the house all to myself, as unemployment freedom begins today. It couldn't have been timed more perfectly either, so I can begin my book for NaNoWriMo, which started on Nov 1st. (For all you writers, who have ever wanted to write a book... join us!)


So as I sit listening to Pandora, taking myself into that whole deep mysterious writer mode wearing pj's (still at 2:00pm) and my cold winter boots (we are expecting snow tonight) and try not to contemplate the next steps in life, but rather concentrate on writing a kick-ass non-fiction book. All I can say about my project is, it is the yin to my yang. Complete opposite of the blog. Things I have wrote about in the past, stopped for years because of being in a relationship, and now feel liberated to write about whatever I want again, with no feelings to take into consideration. I promise you will want to read it.


I'm hoping to attend this year's 2011 Night of Writing Dangerously Write-a-thon in San Francisco. Something I've wanted to do for the past 2 years and considered flying all the way from Fort Lauderdale to participate. Now I only live 3 hours away, but need sponsors to attend. So... if you feel so inclined to donate a teeny amount, I would be so appreciative!! :)



Follow Simply Colette

No comments:

Post a Comment

BOOK JACKET READING

Author Interview

I'm very excited to be able to share my author interview with you! Many people have asked questions about my book, 'Running Away to ...