Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Oregon Coast Getaway

Mmm... the long weekend. Amore and adventure describes it all. I knew it would be a Top Memory for the year and I was right. The Oregon Coast was misty, mystic and practically magical. But it was a first in many ways for me, and so meaningful. I was glad to spend my Dad's birthday with him for the first time in way too many years. A wonderful night of family, manicotti, puzzles and wine in a beautiful ocean view living room filled with happiness and new beginnings... finally my multiple lives blending all in one... a sense of slight nervousness, the promise of a beautiful unknown future and sense of peace I can't begin to describe. Plus morning beach walks, fresh seaside clam chowder, and fish & chips from The Crazy Norwegian.

















Not to mention out-of-this-world homemade German Chocolate Cake.


Follow Simply Colette

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME PHOTOS!!! Thanks for coming to see me on my B-day!. It was such a wonderful weekend. love, Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything about this day looks perfect!! It's nice to see such beautiful photos of a place I've always wanted to visit, and more importantly its so nice to see you looking so happy!! much love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos Nikki!!!! I had such a great time with you here. It was so wonderful getting to share this time with you and family. :) Someday I might even share the cake recipe with you...hee hee. Shyrlee

    ReplyDelete

BOOK JACKET READING

Author Interview

I'm very excited to be able to share my author interview with you! Many people have asked questions about my book, 'Running Away to ...