Sunday, January 29, 2012

Still Alive!

Hi everyone!
Sorry I've been gone so long. I haven't posted because I haven't set up my internet or cable yet, and I gotta say, it's been kind of nice. Going back to the olden days of reading and late night puzzles... kind of fun, oh and lots of baking!

What I've been up to... well the new job is great. I love my boss and working in a public health clinic with lots of women where I feel each day gives me purpose. I feel my roll is pretty important, my position is funded by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act with the Center for Disease Control. My boss and I are single-handily working on improvements for the way public health departments are billing for immunizations in the state of Nevada. Even though it's a big task and only been a few weeks, I feel like we are already taking vital steps toward making a difference. Plus I'm meeting lots of super cool ladies!


Did you hear about the big fires in Reno/ Washoe Valley again that occurred last week?
(This is a pic of the storm coming the day prior.)

Well, it was my first week and right in the heart of my commute, which led me to realize how important it is to carry emergency clothes at all time in my car. Then, I finally had my first drive in the snow and ice this week, (Tahoe has had a huge shortage of snow this year). But I can't complain, because I actually love my commute.

Kitty and I are getting acclimated in our new home, though it wasn't easy for her at first or my new sleep patterns, but we love it! We've just been hunting for a few more pieces of furniture, then everyone thing should be good and hopefully more regular blog posts again soon! I've gotten a few worried emails from you... sorry!


Follow Simply Colette

4 comments:

  1. hey! I just came back to the blog world too :) nice puzzle & the roses are great, welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear all is good! I was just thinking about you today! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you back! Looking forward to your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the storm shot, best of Luck in Reno :)

    ReplyDelete

BOOK JACKET READING

Author Interview

I'm very excited to be able to share my author interview with you! Many people have asked questions about my book, 'Running Away to ...