Tuesday, April 3, 2012

One Call a Week

Relationships



When I saw my cousin at the beginning of March, she told me about her One Call Monday. She chooses one friend whom she doesn't talk to on a regular basis to reach out and call. Keeping the pattern helps her keep in touch with friends. Understanding that we all get busy at times, she knows she at least did her part in reaching out to connect.

With the convenience of Facebook and texting, the etiquette of keeping in touch with a simple phone call or hand written letter has been lost. I'm often guilty of not being a phone person, which many of my friends and family can attest to. Though when I do see them, it's like no time has passed at all. But I do like the idea of putting forth a better effort to try a similar One Call a week mantra.


Follow Simply Colette

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect idea! =) I really like it! =) I have friends I never get to talk to...that will change next Monday! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fabulous idea! I have been trying to get together with my local friends once a month and my long distance friends I have been keeping in touch with every few weeks. I was really bad at that for a long time, but life is short and we need to cherish the ones we love! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

BOOK JACKET READING

Author Interview

I'm very excited to be able to share my author interview with you! Many people have asked questions about my book, 'Running Away to ...