Thursday, April 26, 2012

Reasons


Excuses reasons on why I haven't been around much.



I'm just going to be honest. It's not that I'm too busy. It's that I still haven't signed up for internet at home. I have a wireless loaner from time-to-time. There are many reasons why I haven't committed to an internet plan. For one, finances. When you have to register your car in two different states within just a few months, and furnish an apartment... well, at least I've found a new thrill in reviving second hand items; (which I do plan on sharing my Before and After projects this week)!

My camera is barely functionable anymore, and I would probably sell my left kidney for a new one.
It's also difficult to come home and sit at my desk and come up with an idea, photographer it, upload it, etc. You get the drift, especially after sitting at a desk all day anyway. I really miss my laptop!

My other reason is I've lost the desire for social media. It's overwhelming and I wore myself out with promoting. The only reason I use Facebook is to post blog links, and to be honest that is the audience I really don't care to reach, and I've contemplated doing away with it altogether. I'm just going to blunt and say, I've been beyond disappointed with people in general lately, and I feel as if I've been dreding posts because of an unspoken obligation to update people that really don't deserve need an update.

So, I'm going to focus on the real reason I began blogging and that was for the women in the blog world, whom I've never met but have inspired me in so many positive ways in my life the past few years and have been the best supporters; and of course my family, and the handful of true friends I have.

That being said... I appreciate the ones who have stuck by my sporadic posts and nearly-30 crisis I've been going through.  I really do want to get back into this for the reason I started it... it's only fair to myself and those who have been true blue. So, if you follow through my personal Facebook page and still want to follow along, I encourage you to follow either through Google, email subscription; lastly Twitter or Facebook Simply Colette page.


Follow Simply Colette

1 comment:

  1. post as often or little as you like, you have to live life on life's terms. your posts are always wonderful, no matter when they come along :) happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

BOOK JACKET READING

Author Interview

I'm very excited to be able to share my author interview with you! Many people have asked questions about my book, 'Running Away to ...